英语对话时突然“卡”住?我该如何自救?
很多时候,说英语,话到嘴边,却突然卡住;
然后,下意识的就会说“嗯,,那个,,这个,,”
然后,就感觉超级土。。学了这么久的英语,居然还要用中文去链接。。
今天就分享一组美国人都爱用的常用语。卡住的时候不仅能救急,还能给人不慌不忙、沉着的感觉!
下次卡住,说这些:
1. What’s the word I’m looking for?
What’s the word/phrase/ I’m looking for?: 什么词、说法能最贴切地表达我的意思?
“What am I trying to say?” might make you sound clueless: “What am I trying to say?”让人感觉你自己也不知道自己在说什么
What's the word I'm looking for? Don’t remind me/Don’t tell me: 我想说什么来着?别提醒我
It shows that you really care: 说这句话表明你很认真的在思考
When you use this phrase, you're also not expecting an answer, but asking yourself instead: 说这句话通常不是真的在提问, 而是在给自己时间过渡
2. How should I put it?
How should I put it?: 怎么表达最恰当?
This phrase shows that you’re looking for the best : 这句话让人感觉你是在寻找最恰当的表达方式
It also gives a heads-up that you’re about to say something that might be a bit tricky to explain: 同时也提醒对方,你接下来要讲的内容是比较复杂的
3. It’s on the tip of my tongue
It’s on the tip of my tongue: 我想说的就在嘴边
tip of my tongue:舌头边
“The tip of my tongue” is such a great image, as if the word is hiding on the tip of your tongue and it wants to he heard: “The tip of my tongue”特别形象,好像词真的就在你舌尖,马上就要蹦出来一样
4. I just had it
如果前一秒还记得,但突然忘了要说的,可以说:
I just had it: 我刚才还记得的
可以用“I forgot”吗?
"I forgot" is in the same category as “What am I trying to say?”: “I forgot”跟“What am I trying to say?”一样,都不是最佳的填充对话空白的方式
It make you sound lazy and uninterested: 因为这个说法让你显得心不在焉
It shows that you’re not actively engaging in the conversation: 给人你不是很想聊天的感觉
5. It’s just not coming to me
如果你想了半天还是想不起来要说的,可以说:
It’s just not coming to me: 这个词就是怎么都想不起来啊
This is a very good alternative of “I forgot”: 这个听起来比“I forgot”好多了
也可以说:
It slipped my mind: 我疏忽了、忘了
If something slipped your mind, you most likely forgot about it or forgot to do it: 这个词组表示把某件事给忘了,并不是说脑子卡壳一下子想不起来
“It’s Father’s Day? It completely slipped my mind”: 今天是父亲节? 我彻底给忘了
6. I'm having a senior moment
年纪大了,有些健忘:
I’m having a senior moment: 年纪大了记性不好了 (年轻人忘事了也可以开玩笑这么说)
Senior: 年长者、老年人
7. Just give me a sec
如果需要时间组织语言,直说也可以:
Just give me a second: 容我想一想
今日小编帮你解决了“卡住”了的问题,如果你感觉对你有帮助,可以分享给你身边的人。